It is an infectious disease caused by certain bacteria present in mouth and characterised by mineral loss and destruction of the outer most protective layer (enamel) of the tooth. It first appears as a chalky white spot and can lead to cavitation on the tooth surface. If left untreated, it can involve the dental pulp and can lead to severe tooth ache.
Common signs and symptoms of dental caries
- Sensitivity to sweets, hot and cold food
- Chalky white, brown or black spots on the tooth
- Food impaction between teeth
Prevention of dental caries
- Brush your teeth twice a day with fluoridated tooth paste
- Minimize the use of sweets and sticky food
- Incorporate fibrous food in your diet
- Visit your dentist every 6 month for routine oral examination.
Want to Know More?
At e-DantSeva we are always available to answer any questions you have about your dental health and the choices that are available to address specific conditions. If you have any questions involving your dental health feel free to write to us at nohpindia[at]gmail[dot]com
For website technical support or any problem regarding the website kindly write to us at edantsevanohp[at]gmail[dot]com